Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mirror Image Humans

I wonder about some things regarding human beings and life in other parts of the universe.  I also wonder if there are other people who have pondered these same or similar things.  Let's assume that the human pattern is not necessarily something that's unique to Earth, and there are humans on other planets.  Let's also assume that all these humans on different planets developed independently from each other at the biological and chemical levels.

One thing I'm curious about is this: would they all be the same as us when it comes to the sidedness of our internal organs?  Or, is there about a 50% probability that some would be reversed (i.e., mirror image) versions of us?  What I mean is this: would they all have their hearts and stomachs on the left side, and liver on the right side, of their bodies; or, would half of them probably have their hearts and stomachs on the right side, and liver on the left side?  I believe that it's possible that some would be reversed versions of us.

Another thing I'm curious about is this: if it were the case that about half are reversed versions, then I wonder if the hemisphere of the planet that organic matter spawned from along with the coriolis effect played a role in the development of organisms.  Would it be possible to determine which hemisphere life spawned from based on the version of symmetry?  By hemisphere, I'm referring to the sides of the planet that spin clockwise or counterclockwise, not hemisphere based on magnetic polarity association.

No comments:

Post a Comment